This Privacy & Cookies Policy (the “Policy”) has been prepared to meet the requirements of the UK’s Data Protection Act 1998 and The Privacy and Electronic Communications (EC Directive) (Amendment) Regulations 2011, (the “Acts”). It relates to the collection, protection, disclosure and use of personal data belonging to individuals who visit www.durite.co.uk (our “Site”).
- Who Will Hold Your Information?
- Your information will be held by Gordon Equipments Limited ("Gordon Equipments" or "we"). We are registered in England and Wales under company number 373113 and we have our registered office at Durite Works, Valley Road, Dovercourt, Essex, CO12 4RX, England. For the purposes of the Data Protection Act 1998 (the "Act"), the data controller is Gordon Equipments Limited.
- What Information do We Collect?
- We may receive personal contact details from you, such as name, address, contact telephone numbers, email addresses and other personal information when you:
- subscribe to receive our email newsletters and other updates, promotions and offers which may be sent to you by post or electronic means (including email and SMS) ;
- fill in a form;
- register to have the ability to purchase our products;
- complete any surveys we ask you to complete for research purposes (although you will never be obliged to respond to them);
- correspond with us by post, email or directly through our site;
- respond to our direct marketing activities;
- report a problem with our site.
- If you contact us by telephone or in writing, we may keep a record of that correspondence or phone call.
- We may monitor or record communications with us in which you take part:
- to assist us with the development of our services;
- to train our staff;
- if so requested by order of the Court, regulatory body or law enforcement organisation.
- With regard to each of your visits to our site, we may automatically collect the following:
- technical information, including the Internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the Internet, your login information, browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform;
- information about your visit, including the full Uniform Resource Locators (URL) clickstream to, through and from our site (including date and time); products you viewed or searched for; page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs), and methods used to browse away from the page and any phone number used to call our customer service number.
- By providing any personal information to us, you fully understand and clearly consent to the transfer, collection and processing of such personal information. Such transfer, collection and processing will comply with the terms of this Policy.
- What do We do with Your Information?
- We may use your information for a number of purposes, which are outlined below:
- In connection with the provision of services to you:
- To administer and maintain our records;
- To improve our site to ensure that our service continues to be the most appropriate service for your needs and that content from our site is presented in the most effective manner for you and your computer;
- To allow you to participate in any interactive services on our site, when you choose to do so;
- To help us in our efforts to keep our site safe and secure;
- To administer and process your registration, if you choose to register with our site;
- To verify your identity and to respond to any query that you may raise with us; and
- To fulfil any contractual obligations we have with you.
- We reserve the right to send registered users of our site email communications from time to time regarding updates and changes to our services and any technical, administrative and legal notices important to our site which we consider essential.
- We may share personal data with third party companies and organisations contracted to us to help supply, maintain or facilitate our site or our services. These third parties may include (without limitation) IT support teams.
- We may use your data to provide you with information about our services, offers and promotions which may be of interest to you and we may contact you about these by post or telephone. We will contact you by electronic means (including email and SMS) only if you have consented to this. By providing us with your email address when you register with our site you give us that consent. If you do not want us to use your data in this way, please email us email@example.com or write to us at the postal address below and let us know.
- We may use your data to contact you for market research purposes.
- Other purposes:
- Your information may be used by us for the purpose of research and statistical analysis and internal customer service monitoring;
- We may disclose your personal data in the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets and their advisers. If our company or substantially all of its assets are sold, your personal data will be passed on to the new owners.
- We may employ the services of other parties for dealing with various matters in connection with our site and the services provided on our site. The providers of such services may have access to your personal data.
- The period of use of the personal data supplied by you will not be longer than we deem necessary, but may be unlimited.
- Keeping Information up to Date and Secure
- If any of the information that you have provided to us changes, for example if you change your email address or other contact details, please update your account details on the ‘My Account’ page of the website. If you wish to unsubscribe or de-register with us, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of our site, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. You must not share your password with anyone.
- Where We Store Your Data
- All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers. We have in place a level of security appropriate to the nature of the data and the harm that might result from a breach of security. Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the Internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
- The data that we collect from you may be transferred to a destination outside the European Economic Area ("EEA"), where it will be stored by us or by one of our suppliers. It may also be processed by staff operating outside the EEA who work for us or for one of our suppliers. Such staff maybe engaged in, among other things, the provision of support services. By submitting your personal data, you agree to this transfer, storing or processing. We will take all steps reasonably necessary to ensure adequate security for your personal data.
- Your Rights
- You may have certain rights under the Act in relation to the information that we hold about you. These rights include the rights set out below:
- You are entitled to have access to your personal data. You may request by writing to us (at the address given below), details of your information which we hold and the purposes for which it is held. We will provide this information within 40 days of your request, subject to any routine processing continuing between that time and the time of response. You may be charged a reasonable fee (as permitted by the Act) for this information.
- You are entitled to request that we stop using information about you for the purpose of direct marketing (i.e. the communication to you (by whatever means) of any advertising or marketing material);
- You are entitled to require us to ensure that no decision taken by or on behalf of us and which significantly affects you is based solely on the automated processing of your information, for the purpose of evaluating such matters as, for example, your creditworthiness, reliability or conduct; and
- You are entitled to require a correction of errors in the personal information held about you. If we disagree that information is inaccurate you are entitled to apply to ask the court for an order that such erroneous information be rectified, blocked, destroyed, or erased.
- You can exercise your right at any time to prevent such processing by emailing us at email@example.com, or writing to us at Gordon Equipments Limited, Durite Works, Valley Road, Dovercourt, Essex, CO12 4RX, England.
- Third-Party Websites
Our site may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
- Your Constent and Changes to this Policy
- Contact Details